Wednesday, August 18, 2010

resurrection. in pittsburgh.....

This time I'll try to actually keep up on this thing.  Try. 

Updates.

yes, Updates.

well, Engaged!  yay!  May 9th.  wedding date May 28 (next year).  planning from Pittsburgh - priceless.

Jake got into Grad School!  ( I think I will continue my trend of capitalizing words that seem Important or Intimidating.  If you don't like it, stop reading)  Carnegie Mellon, to be precise. 

Which leads us to Moving to Pittsburgh!  Which we are currently in the latter stages of.  Read: unpacking tons of shit and trying to make it all fit into our wee apartment.  There have been 3 carloads of things taken to various thrift stores, and we STILL don't know what to do with all the stuff. 

Prior to Moving to Pittsburgh was a week of very well-deserved and highly anticipated Vacation.  Which led to the death of my car.  The Little Red Wagon (aka Strawberry Pearl) blew a spark plug into/through part of the engine, which led to various fluids leaking into and out of said engine, which would have cost way more than the car was worth to repair.  So we are a one-car couple in the Burgh.  Which is fine because Jake gets free bus rides with his student ID.

Which leads us to Stefi Learning to Drive Stick and Then Discovering that Pittsburgh is Nothing But HILLS!  We're all fine here.  I'm learning quickly and my patience is growing, and I have a wonderfully supportive and patient teacher, so it will all be fine.

I am still waiting to hear from the Monroeville Pier1 about transferring, but the manager I spoke with on Sunday seemed very interested and in need of someone to take day shifts (woo!  day shifts!)  and I still have to swing by the little bar/restaurant I filled out an application with when we were in town in June.

AND!  I've decided to start sending out my Theatre Resume again.  Maybe I'll have better luck in this town.  Maybe I'll be able to handle the stress better.  Maybe I'll be able to make a living this time. 

We shall see.

2 comments:

A. Batzer said...

I have to admit the capitols were bugging me until you acknowledged that they are a style choice then it was totally fine!

Stefani said...

yeah, it's a way of showing importance without using bold or italics or something. and it makes me think of the title chapters from Winnie-the-Pooh books.

:)